In my Create a Healthy & Restful Home series this week, I focus on adding a light or colorful throw rug to a room. If you have hardwood or tiled flooring, adding rugs has many benefits. Let’s review:
7 Benefits of Area or Throw Rugs:
- They offer a soft touch for bare feet, good for kids and pets.
- Rugs warm up a room.
- If you live in an open-concept home, rugs will reduce noise in your home.
- Rugs offer protection to your floors, especially in high-traffic areas.
- You can use rugs to create specific zones or purposes. For example, you can separate areas into cozy conversation areas in a large open room simply by adding throw rugs.
- A rug anchors a room and can tie together furnishings and accessories. The rug you choose can be the first decorating element to begin your makeover in a room redesign.
- Clean rugs can instantly enhance and brighten up a room.