As we begin 2023, it is a great time to discuss some home decorating trends and styles you will see in the upcoming year. I am excited about using antiques in new ways, adding a touch of old with a modern touch. I think the idea of being a maximalist instead of a minimalist will be fun to play with in home dÃ©cor, and I’m looking forward to using the color green! This article will offer an overview, and I will delve into detail in future decorating articles.
7 Home Decorating Trends in 2023:
- Neutrals return, using warm colors in the brown family. You will see less of the cool grays.
- Though this isn’t a new trend, it has gained popularity in the past couple of years and continues through 2023. Using natural materials, think of rustic pieces featuring wood grains and textures.
- Consumers and manufacturers will continue to focus on sustainability. Though not a new trend, it will continue to grow in the upcoming years. Think earth-friendly products, less waste, and lasting furniture.
- Instead of minimalism, you will see designs toward maximalism, layering traditional pieces that offer a homey feel with modern touches.
- You will see more green decorating elements and ways to add green as an accent color.
- You will find more hand-made items using interesting textures such as paper-mache and other materials. I look forward to seeing how textures play out in the accessory industry and with wall dÃ©cor.
- We will see an emphasis on holding onto and valuing old pieces. With comfort, good memories, and soft finishes, this trend will reinvent antique pieces in new ways. Family heirlooms purchased or handed down from friends, or family will find a new use in the 2023 home.
As people require more of their homes and rooms serve multiple purposes, you can set up your space beautifully using what you own! In future decorating articles, look forward to tips on adding these trends to your home design! If you need help reimagining your home, call me at 610-955-8202 or email me.