I love suggesting quick decorating tips to help you style your home. In this article, if you have a space or area of your home that feels cold or needs something, try adding a bench or ottoman! Walk around your house and look at the pieces you have, the ones you can repurpose, perhaps a favorite old bench passed down from a parent. These pieces come in a wide cost range, they are readily available to purchase, and you would be able to find one that fits your style and budget! They can help pull a look together in a room with a new pop color, texture, or style.
6 Ideas for decorating with a bench or ottoman:
- Use a bench in an empty entryway, add pillows, and tie them together with a piece of art; that empty feeling becomes warm and inviting. Ottomans or cubes can be grouped and used in place of a bench.
- Use a bench to soften and decorate if the back of your couch or sectional is open to the room. As benches come in many styles, wood, upholstered, with arms, without arms, tufted, leather, etc., you can find the perfect one in your budget.
- Add a bench to the end of your bed or guest bed for seating!
- Do you have a bay or large window with no built-in seating area? Add a bench!
- Use fun bookends and turn a bench into a shelf for books in your office.
- Ottomans have multiple purposes. They can be moved for additional seating when necessary. Storage ottomans are great for toys, things you want to put away quickly when guests arrive or storing cozy throws.
Use your imagination, add different textures or a new pop color to a room and turn a drab area using a bench or ottoman into a lovely space! If you need help pulling a room together, call me at 610-955-8202 or email me for a consultation.
By Debbie Correale, Redesign Right, LLC. Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Houzz, and LinkedIn. Feature photo licensed from Shutterstock.