January is the month of sales for linens and towels, and it is a perfect time to update the look in your bedroom or bathroom. Sure, it would be fantastic to replace everything and start with a fresh coat of paint; however, you may not have the resources to take on that project at this time. The following tips offer a quick and easy bedroom or bathroom refresh that can bring joy to you this weekend!
- Add new bedsheets. There is nothing better than a fresh set of sheets with a soft feel. To understand the basics of picking out the sheet set that fits your needs and skin type, click here.
- Add a luxurious throw in a pop of color! As it is January, these will be available at a deep discount. Click here for a guide to layering your bed.
- Pick coordinating or complementary accent pillows to create visual interest and fun.
- Add new towels. I love the fresh look of soft white bath towels! White goes with everything and is easy to clean. You can add any pop color that you like to it and change it out seasonally.
- Create storage. If you don’t have a linen closet in your bathroom, there are several creative ways to stash your fresh towels using a shelf, baskets, or re-purposing cabinets.
- If you are not happy with your current shower enclosure, and hope to remodel your bathroom, cover it up with a lovely shower curtain! Add a coordinating throw rug, and you will have a brand-new looking bathroom!
A plant or a lovely vase of flowers is another way to create color and add nature to your day. Have fun with this process and let me know if you need help with a home re-styling, you should live in a home that brings you happiness!