As we finish off the month of March here on the east coast, we have seen every weather combination this month … from frigid cold, 8” of snow to 65-degree weather – Welcome to Spring! With the start of April and enjoying the longer days of light, we naturally are drawn to the outdoors. Spring is a good time to consider some outdoor projects to get your home ready for outdoor fun or if you plan to put your home on the market to sell this year. Consider one of these outdoor projects:
- Remove winter debris, broken branches, and leaves that have accumulated under bushes, etc.
- Consider a lawn service to put down grub control and fertilizer, remember you have only until the Forsythia blooms to get the grub control to work properly!
- Get your outdoor furniture ready for use and parties! Click here to review different cleaning options from Real Simple on ways to clean the various types of outdoor furniture.
- It’s too early to put out any flowers but Pansies, and who doesn’t love a lovely pot of pansies to bring spring cheer!
As spring begins it’s that time of year when we think of renewal, new colors, lighter feeling coming out of our hibernation. Consider one of these indoor projects:
- Complete that painting project that you have wanted to do. It’s also a good time to consider painting your kitchen cabinets if you were thinking of updating the look but unable to afford the expense of new cabinets. Click here to review instructions on how to paint your kitchen cabinets.
- Get rid of old stuff and clutter! Too often we pile things and call it organized and only move those things from place to place to get them out of the way. It’s time! Get rid of it! You will be amazed at how liberating the process can be. Create your three piles, sell, throw away, give away and truly adhere to this project until you are done! To read some fabulous tips on how to go about this process, read this article from House Beautiful on creating breathing space in your home.
- Lighten up! Clean the windows, have your drapes cleaned or consider replacing them if they are old and faded or simply out of style.
- Add a fresh color scheme to your living space! If you like the color blue, add blue throw pillows, candles, trays or vases all using the same blue color and balance throughout the room. You will be amazed at how much joy this will instantly bring you!
If you are in need of a spring-time redesign, call 610.955.8202 to make an appointment with Debbie! Also, registration for the May 18-22 and June 12-14, 20, 21 Interior Redesign and Home Staging Classes is happening now, if you’re interested, click here. Note, the June class is a split weekend course and is in high demand, plan to get your registrations in soon!