I know you are very busy this week, so I did not want to tie you up for long. Here is a quick checklist to ensure that you have thought of everything this Thanksgiving week:
10 Last minute things to do before Thanksgiving Day:
- Check camera or video camera to be sure it is fully charged or get new batteries.
- If you plan to use the family silver, be sure it’s polished and ready to go.
- Create your dinner music playlist – or subscribe to Pandora – it’s fantastic!
- Purchase your flowers. If you need assistance, click here for step-by-step instructions on how to create a beautiful classic floral arrangement for your Thanksgiving table.
- Be sure you have the proper color and size candles for your dining room table or buffet table.
- Do you plan to have a fire burning? If so, be sure you have your firewood loaded and ready to go. Check that you have matches or a lighter. To ensure that you do not have issues with starting your fire, plan a trip to Home Depot or your local home store and pick up a box of the Duraflame Firestart bricks, they work like a champ!
- Do you plan to have cordials after dinner with dessert? Plan to stock up on your favorite port, brandy or dessert wine.
- Create your cooking schedule. I find this helps immensely as you are not trying to juggle everything in your memory, and it ensures that you don’t forget anything.
- Create a seating plan, name cards and food arrangement.
- Have fun! Relax and take some time for yourself, a cup of tea, a moment alone whatever allows you a moment of peace and relaxation.
Oliver and I are wishing you a fabulous Thanksgiving with your family and friends!
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at www.RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz and Google+.