I’m a planner and a list maker. I recognize that not everyone is similar in their entertaining methods, and I wanted to offer 5 tips to help you with your holiday planning and dÃ©cor, so you have the best start to the holiday season.
1. Get planning now! It’s not too early, I found a fabulous resource that breaks down your planning by week from Beth Bath and Beyond, click here to view.
2. Is your dining room ready for entertaining? If you are waiting for the perfect rug or being able to afford the ideal one, there is an alternative. Decide how big you want your rug to be, to determine the right size click here. After you have chosen a size, go to your local carpet store and pick a broadloom carpet and ask what the final cost would be to have a piece bound in time for your holiday event. Often flooring stores have remnants available that would make the perfect size rug for your dining room for a deep discount.
3. Prepare your guest room for overnight visitors. In my post, Prepare Your Guest Bedroom for the Holidays, I offer a checklist to follow so you don’t have to worry.
4. Purchase hostess gifts now. Having a few hostess gifts on hand helps you when youâ€™re running out the door to attend an event. My suggestion is several bottles of excellent wines, red and white, that are easy to place in lovely gift bags! The more items that you can purchase in advance, the less stress you will feel.
5. Display with beauty! You can simplify your holiday food-making by purchasing items from your local grocer and displaying them beautifully on a lovely tray, with fresh herbs and fruits of the season. Take inventory of your serving items and be sure you have what you need for upcoming entertaining. Include tiered serving items that allow you to add height to the display and take up less space on the table. Use a decorative cake stand or a multi-tiered stand. Visit your local home store, where Iâ€™m sure they will have plenty of affordable options!
It’s a fun time that you will want to enjoy filled with friends and laughter. Take the time to plan your decor ideas now, check out my Pinterest board for table setting inspiration, and plan to have a stress-free holiday season!
If you need a fresh look for the holidays, itâ€™s not too late to schedule your redesign! Call me 610-955-8202 or email for an appointment; I look forward to helping you with your stress-free holiday season!
By Debbie Correale, Redesign Right, LLC. Connect on Facebook Redesignright, Instagram Redesignright, Pinterest, Houzz, LinkedIn. Feature Image from rawpixel.com.