Do you have family or guests visiting for Thanksgiving? This week, I would like to offer support in preparing for your guest’s arrival and keeping them (and you) happy during the holiday. First, download my revised Holiday Checklist to get your guest room ready. Read on to find activities that are occurring in the Philadelphia, PA, and surrounding areas that include diverse activities to keep everyone happy.
Activities for Big and Little Kids:
- A Very Furry Christmas at the Sesame Place in Langhorne, PA, runs November 23-January 1.
- Hershey Park Christmas Candylane in Hershey, PA, runs November 15-January 1.
- West Chester Rail Road Santaâ€™s Express in West Chester, PA, runs select dates November 23-December 22.
- Strasburg Rail Road Christmas Trains in Strasburg, PA, runs November 23-December 21.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest opens for Ice Skating on Friday, November 29th.
- LumiNature, a light and music show, at the Philadelphia Zoo runs November 20-January 5th.
- Wild Lights at the Elmwood Park Zoo in Norristown, PA, runs November 22-January 5.
- Winter at Dilworth Park in Center City Philadelphia turns into an extravaganza of skating, shopping, eating, and drinking – fun for everyone through February.
- The Franklin Institute – Franklin Frost runs through January 2nd.
- Longwood Christmas at the Gardens Requires advanced planning to get a timed ticket.
- Macy’s Christmas Light Show in Center City runs November 29-December 31.
- Fashion District Philadelphia â€“ recently opened and offers a Deck the District Holiday Light Show while you shop through December 31st. The retail and entertainment space has a 45-foot-tall floating tree with giant stainless-steel mirror ornaments, and a light show timed to the music by the Philly POPS. The five-minute show runs every 30 minutes from 4 p.m. until closing.
- Kimmel Center – Mean Girls, runs November 19-December 1.
- People’s Light – Little Red Robin Hood: A Musical Panto runs November 13-January 5.
- If you hope to go in December, get your tickets now for The Nutcracker at the Academy of Music, which runs December 9-31.
Activities & Suggestions:
- If you don’t want to deal with the traffic or parking in Philadelphia, consider staying overnight as they are offering many visitor packages.
- Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade on November 28th, parade begins at 8:15 am from 20th & JFK in Philadelphia.
- Go to a Movie – If you plan to see Frozen II over the holidays, get your tickets now!
- There are many local parades, pop-up markets, and craft breweryâ€™s that are offering Holiday Activities. Use Facebook to find fun events in a town near you; click here to learn how.
- Penn Museum – Renovated galleries are featuring a grand Sphinx entrance.
- Morris Arboretum – University of Pennsylvania – Holiday Garden Railway runs November 29-December 24.
- Brandywine River Museum of Art: Brandywine Christmas O-gauge model train display runs November 29-January 5.
- Christmas Village, a German Christmas Market, at Love Park runs November 28-December 24.
- King of Prussia Mall with almost 2.8 million square feet of leasable retail space â€“ you are sure to find the perfect gift!
- Philadelphia Premium Outlets in Pottstown, PA.
- The Shops at Rockvale in Lancaster, PA.
- Tanger Outlets in Lancaster, PA.
I hope this list of activities offers a few ideas for you and your visitors to keep everyone happy and entertained. I want to wish you a joyful and laughter-filled holiday!
By Debbie Correale, Redesign Right, LLC. Connect on Facebook Redesignright, Instagram Redesignright, Pinterest, Houzz, LinkedIn. Feature photo from Unsplash.