Did you know that realtors are saying that now is a fantastic time to sell your home if you are in the Philadelphia Metro area! If you have thought about downsizing or considering relocating for a job change, now is a perfect time. There is a shortage of inventory, and sellers have an advantage as buyer traffic has also risen in the area. What does this mean? Consider getting a jump-start on the home-selling process and what you need to do to get your home ready to sell.Continue reading How Home Staging Can Help You
Do you have a natural flair for decorating, color, and design? If you are looking for a career that would be fulfilling and use your creativity, I have the perfect course of action for you!Continue reading Become an Interior Redesigner and Home Stager
Recently, I was asked about adding color with plants while trying to stage and sell a home during the winter months. Thinking about this topic, I realized that there are many options available to you, to quickly achieve the look of color without a considerable expense.Continue reading Selling your home, Add Color with Plants
If you have pets or children, it can be a challenge to live in your home while you are trying to sell the house. First of all, you will want to get your home professionally staged. A fresh pair of eyes viewing your home in its best way is what you want. Once the house is staged, be sure your Realtor takes professional photos.
Home staging tips for living in your home with kids or pets while trying to sell:
Staging and selling your home with kids:
- All walls and floors need to be clear of marker, paint, and stains. If you have a playroom that has wall-to-wall carpeting that is beyond a good cleaning, replace it. Fresh paint always brightens a home; if your walls are badly marked up, painting is a good idea.
- If you have a designated playroom, you will want to stage the room so that it appears multi-purpose. All toys, games, puzzles, should be stored in bins with lids, preferably in a closet or out of site. The walls will need to be clear of taped up stuff, etc. Staging the room as a sitting area or small dining area can transform the space from playroom to a general use room.
- Kid’s rooms that are theme-decorated are super cute and would appeal to someone with kids; however, think about ways to downplay the theme. All stuffed animals and things need to be corralled in bins and stored out of sight. Think under the bed and closet storage. Maximize space by purging or giving away any grown out toys or clothing.
- Have an emergency plan in place if you get a call from your Realtor that they want to show the house. Every family member should have a job, have a big bin ready for loose things that can be stored in your car.
Staging and selling your home with pets:
- Living with pets can numb you toward their smell and odors. Carpeting should be professionally cleaned or replaced so that there are no smells when a potential buyer walks into your home.
- Anything related to the pet should be out of sight. Beds, toys, food, kitty litter.
- Be sure that your yard is clear of all animal droppings.
- If you have furniture that has been destroyed by a pet, you are better off removing it, or carefully decorating so that damaged areas are artfully displayed.
- Have an emergency plan if your Realtor calls and wants to bring over a prospective buyer. Grab all pet-related items and put them in your car, and bring your pet. You cannot show your home with the pet in the house. There is nothing worse than a barking or whining dog locked in a crate; it can quickly turn a potential buyer away. Also, many people are allergic to animals, and a home with pets could be an instant issue. Or they may be fearful of pets, either way, removing the pet from the house during a showing is essential. Have an arrangement with a friend or neighbor who can take your pet if you are unavailable.
If you need help with your home staging, give me a call 610.955.8202 or email. I have many options available where I come in and instruct you in 2 hours or less how to stage your home, or you could opt to have the Redesign Right team completely stage your home with what you already own in a day.
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz, Google+ and Instagram. Feature photo from Houzz: Cook Architectural Design Studio.
I wanted to end my series on home staging with an article on the top five issues I run into while staging properties and how to correct them. In case you missed my other two articles they are, “Are you selling your home this year?” and “5 Point Checklist for Getting your Home Ready to Sell.” Continue reading Home Staging: Top 5 Issues
Moving is in the top 10 list of life’s most stressful events. As a move may be a result of downsizing, or dealing with challenging life events, managing the transition can be difficult. As a professional stager, I offer a fresh perspective on a home, and I understand the emotions involved in moving. I have personally relocated over fourteen times in my life, trust me I get it. Buyers like a home based on how they feel when they walk into it, they make an instant impression. As a home stager, I understand how to maximize your home’s assets so that you can sell your home quickly and for the most money. Continue reading 5 Point Checklist for Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
The start of the best time to sell your home is after the Super Bowl and springtime historically has been an excellent time to put your house on the market. I recently read an article on Zillow that pulled together country-wide statistics, though this varies by area, for home selling that said: Continue reading Are you selling your home this year?
2018 Interior Redesign and Home Staging Training Program Schedule with Redesign Right, LLC
- March 12-16 2018
- May 14-18 2018
- June 11-15 2018
- August 20-24 2018
- September 10-14 2018
- December 3-7 2018
- February 2-4, 10, 11 2018
- July 13-15, 21, 22 2018
- October 26-28, November 3,4 2018
To learn more about this 5-day, hands-on design and decorating program, click here.
According to the latest Houzz Renovation Barometer Report, design and renovation professionals are optimistic about the demand for their services based on work they have done. Also, this level of confidence has not fluctuated too much over the last several years. What does this mean to you? If you are the go-to friend who offers color and decorating advice, love HGTV, Houzz, or Pinterest you may want to consider starting your own business in Interior Redesign and Home Staging.
As this field has a proven record of steady growth, there is potential for anyone who wants to start a decorating business. What’s the first step? Align yourself with the proper training program that applies hands-on training with classroom education and step-by-step information on how to launch your new business.
Redesign Right offers a 5-day, hands-on class where you will gain the education, preparation, and confidence to start your own successful decorating business. Not only do you spend time learning the techniques in a classroom environment you also work hands-on at three client sites, redesigning a space using the homeowner’s elements putting your classroom education to practice. During this time, because the class size is limited to six, you have one-on-one instruction. Click here to view what past graduates have said about this program.
5-Day Classes are still available for 2017:
- November 6-10
- December 4-8
- Split weekend: December 1-3, 9, 10
2018 Interior Redesign + Home Staging Training Program Schedule
5-Day Interior Redesign + Home Staging Training with Redesign Right, LLC – Monday-Friday Schedule
- March 12-16
- May 14-18
- June 11-15
- August 20-24
- September 17-21
- December 3-7
5-Day Weekend Classes
- February 2-4, 10, 11
- July 13-15, 21, 22
- October 26-28, November 3, 4
3-Day Interior Redesign Training – Monday-Wednesday Schedule
- March 12-14
- May 14-16
- June 11-13
- August 20-22
- September 17-19
- December 3-5
3-Day Weekend Classes
If you have any questions about this program, give Debbie Correale a call 610.955.8202 or email, and you will be contacted. Click here to learn more and invest in yourself and your future in this fun and informative training program offered in the Glen Mills area of Pennsylvania.
If you are like me, you love all topics having to do with home decorating! Are you the go-to person everyone asks what color they should paint their living room or what furniture they should buy? If the answer is yes, it may be your time to follow your decorating passion and make a living at it. When you do what you love to do in life, work is a pleasure. Let Redesign Right help you do what you love and make money too!
Redesign Right offers a Certified 5-Day Interior Redesign and Home Staging Training class that is intense, exciting and prepares students with the foundation to start a successful redesign and home staging business.
- Classroom Lecture and Hands-on training with paint, fabric, and accessories.
- Physically Redesigning and decorating three client homes.
- Class size is limited to 6.
- Live, Active, Hands-on class where you learn by doing (this is not a “virtual” online class.)
- Teaches all aspects of Home Decorating and Staging.
- You will learn how to create a business model so you will feel confident working with clients, find out how to attract them, and get paid what you are worth.
Upcoming Fall / Winter Training Schedule:
- November 6-10
- December 4-8
- December 1-3, 9-10
I want to share some of the comments I have received from past graduates of the Redesign Right Interior Redesign and Home Staging Program:
“I am a delighted recent graduate of Debbie’s Home Redesign and Home Staging Training program. This turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life as well as one of the best weeks of my life! Debbie is a gifted teacher and warm, encouraging person. She exudes passion for her field and makes classroom and field training FUN! I am getting started in my own Redesign business and now have ALL the tools I need, as well as a terrific cheerleader in Debbie. I give my highest praise and recommendation for the teacher and the class!” – Kristin H.
“I knew my prayers were being answered when I encountered Debbie’s five-day course on the internet! I was born to do redesign and staging. Debbie was like my midwife helping me to birth my future endeavors. She helped me through the fork in my road by sharing her expertise and knowledge in this business. Her love of helping others has been infectious and overwhelmingly effective. My heavy seems lighter, and my darkness seems brighter! Thank you for giving me information and advice on several levels. I will always remember the life-changing encouragement given in such a short amount of time.” – Richelle B.
Watch this brief video to learn more about the Redesign Right program, and click here to read about the program. If you have any questions, I would love to answer them, give me a call 610.955.8202 or click here to email.
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz, Google+ and Instagram.