Do you have areas of your home that you are not happy with or would like to change? If you are looking for some quick change ups as we enter spring but you don’t have the time to repaint, or remove that old wallpaper, consider one of these five decorating ideas to brighten your house quickly:
- Add a new pillow to an old couch or chair. Choose a color that pops and complements your environment. For example, if you have a predominantly brown room select a color you love such as orange, bright green or yellow. Scatter that new color around the room in accessories such as a throw, pillows, and candle color or vase color.
- If you’re tired of your lamps, consider painting them, even if your lamps are brass. By preparing the lamp you can end up with a beautiful new look. To cover a brass or metal lamp consider using a primer such as Rust-Oleum’s Clean Metal Primer and then Rust-Oleum’s Protective Spray Enamel in your desired color and finish. Remember to update your lampshades as well! Note, if you are starting with an old brass lamp, you should clean it thoroughly by using vinegar and a soft cloth.
- Nothing says springtime more than a vase of tulips! Add an instant pop of color by adding inexpensive grocery store flowers in your living space.
- If you have old wallpaper that you are tired of, consider covering it with a gallery wall displaying family photos or artwork that brings you joy. Be sure to tie this look together by using picture frames of the same color, which you can achieve with the appropriate color of spray paint. By covering the wall with things you love you instantly will feel better about the space.
- If you have a dull area, an empty foyer, or area that needs some new life consider a houseplant! If you need help picking a houseplant click here.
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at www.RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz and Google+.