If you are currently selling your home, or plan to sell your home, notice how the outside of your home appears. Keep in mind, 50%* of homes purchased were found on the internet. Professional photos that display a lovely eye-catching exterior is essential. Also, for those buyers who live close enough, after viewing on the internet, they will do a “drive by” of your home to gain a better feel of your home. (*2018 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers)Continue reading 12 Tips to Add Curb Appeal
Last week I discussed how winter can be a great time to sell your home, with that in mind, I wanted to review some tips for getting the outside of your house ready for sale. Too often, the necessary outdoor things are neglected during the winter months that will impact the potential buyer’s first impression of your home. Here are 10 sure-fire ways to ensure a welcoming and positive curb appeal and first impression for potential home buyers.
- Be sure your walkways and driveway are clear of snow, ice and debris.
- If you have children, be sure all play items are put away.
- If you have a dog, be sure all yard waste is removed.
- If your outdoor lighting is old and faded – replace it.
- Replace all of your outdoor light bulbs to bright new bulbs.
- Put your outside lights on timers so that your house looks warm and inviting to potential drive-by buyers who are visiting your home in the evening when it’s dark. For this reason, be sure to have lights inside your home hooked up to timers emitting a warm and cozy feel.
- Replace your mailbox if it is old and rusty. Add new address numbers to your mailbox.
- It’s difficult to paint your front door in cold weather, thoroughly clean it and replace any old hardware. Be sure your doorbell works!
- Add a new welcome mat.
- Clear all spider webs and debris from your front porch area. The entrance to your house is the area where the home buyer will stand and wait as the Realtor unlocks the door. There’s plenty of time for the potential buyer to look around and acquire an instant feel for the house. You want that quick first impression to be positive!
For more information on the value of home staging, click here to review my decorating post from last week titled, Home Selling Tips and Home Staging. If you require help with staging your home, contact Debbie@RedesignRight.com or call 610.955.8202 to set up a consultation.
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at www.RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz and Google+.