When the seasons change, I always get the urge to change the décor in my home. It doesn’t have to be an overhaul, a few changes that embrace the new season. When you think of fall on the east coast, you want to add a cozy feeling to your space, more light as the daylight is less, and a touch of nature.
5 tips to add a touch of fall this weekend:
1. Create a comfortable reading area for yourself. You will need a comfortable place to sit, a side table for a beverage, proper lighting, a pillow, and a soft throw to stay warm. Add your favorite book, and you’re set!
2. Decorate your dining area or coffee table by adding a lovely vase of fresh autumnal flowers. This time of year, chrysanthemums are widely available. Place a vase on a decorative tray or platter and surround with garland (from your local craft store) and pumpkins for an instant centerpiece.
3. Decorate your fireplace mantel with leaf and pumpkin garland, add a few colorful vases or art pieces, or use natural or faux pumpkins and gourds of various heights. Keep in mind, there are a variety of pumpkin shapes, colors, and materials available to you, check out these products from Terrain.
4. Invite friends over and have a S’more making party. Be sure to have plenty of candles and throws available to keep your guests cozy while outside.
5. Make something delicious that smells fantastic and feeds the soul. Click for slow-cooker ideas.
Enjoy the change in seasons, and have fun adding a touch of fall to your home! For fall home decorating inspiration, check out my Pinterest board. If you need help with a room refresh or want to get your home ready before the holidays, give me a call 610-955-8202 or email for a consultation.