If you are currently selling your home, or plan to sell your home, notice how the outside of your home appears. Keep in mind, 50%* of homes purchased were found on the internet. Professional photos that display a lovely eye-catching exterior is essential. Also, for those buyers who live close enough, after viewing on the internet, they will do a “drive by” of your home to gain a better feel of your home. (*2018 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers)
To increase the appeal of your house, add curb appeal by following these tips:
- Clean and remove all yard debris.
- Mow the lawn frequently during high growth periods to ensure that it appears well kept.
- Remove all weeds and put down a layer of mulch to give a finished look to any garden areas.
- Paint your front door a fresh coat of paint and replace any worn-looking hardware.
- If there is molding on your siding or chimney, have it cleaned.
- Remove all spider webs and sweep walkways.
- Trim bushes that are blocking window light or look unruly.
- Remove all yard toys and animal droppings.
- Add flowers in pops of red or yellow. Those colors are easily seen from the road and catch the eye.
- Replace your mailbox if old and add a fresh coat of paint to the post. Add large house numbers that can be seen from the road.
- Reseal your driveway.
- Add a new welcome mat.
Staging a home to sell helps a potential buyer see themselves in a home and creates an emotional attachment to the house. If you need help with this project, Redesign Right offers affordable staging options for everyone.
“Staging helped us, the first couple who looked at our house turned out to be the ones to buy it! You are so good at staging! I don’t think I’d consider selling a house without your touch! It works!” – Wendy, Homeowner
“As a listing agent in the area, my sole job is to help Sellers get the most they can for their properties. Debbie can go into any home and make recommendations to those clients to help them achieve top market value. She is professional, knowledgeable and everyone she works with raves about how great she is at what she does. She is truly an asset if you are looking to maximize the value of your home.” – Ryan P., Realtor