Poufs are a fantastic decorating element to add to a room. They are a versatile decorating item that serves many purposes. I wanted to show you an example of an office redesign I did where we added a lovely white pouf that added texture and softness to the room:
5 reasons to use a pouf in your home:
1. As an end table next to a reading chair.
2. As extra seating that can be quickly moved when needed.
3. Depending on the material, a pouf can add warmth, texture, and soften a modern or contemporary room.
4. A pouf adds visual interest with color and can tie together a decorating palette, or add a new pattern into a neutral room.
5. Create an instant conversation area by adding multiple poufs with a couch.
There are many different styles when it comes to poufs. For inspiration, I put together an IdeaBook on Houzz of rooms where poufs add visual impact, balance, and interest, click here to view ideas.
If you love the idea, check out these online retailers, perhaps you’ll find the perfect style for you:
- World Market
- Pier 1
- Crate and Barrel
- Etsy – Have a custom pouf made to order.
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz, Google+ and Instagram. Feature photo from Houzz: Amoroso Design.