It’s that time of year here on the east coast when you start itching for warmer temperatures. The days become longer, and it always makes me want to clean out the winter feel and invite the spring into my home decorating. First let’s look for some inspiration!
Things to do to get you in the spring spirit:
- Attend an event at your local garden center such as Terrain in Glen Mills, PA.
- Gardners located in Chester Springs, PA has a lovely large greenhouse where you can walk around in a warm environment and take in all the wonderful smells and colors of fresh plants.
- Longwood Gardens – plan a day and visit the conservatories at the world-renown gardens where you can walk in a warm, beautiful, flower-decorated environment and be swept out of winter into a gorgeous natural view.
- Linvilla Orchards located in Media, PA offers a variety of classes and events.
- Attend the Philadelphia Flower Show which runs March 5-13, 2016 and you will be amazed at the beauty!
Bring some spring touches into your home decorating!
Bring spring into your home! Purchase some bright yellow daffodils or tulips from your grocery store and place in a clear vase filled with colored gems, limes, small kumquats or whatever inspires you. Or, fill a tray with bright lemons, limes, or lovely Granny Smith apples and use as a springtime centerpiece on a table or buffet.
Add touches of spring colors to a room. Bright new pillows, a spring-colored throw for a chair, some new candles that match your spring color and you have a new bright look for a room!
I found a fun, DIY project where you can create botanical prints. You could paint a dark entry or mudroom with fresh paint and use these prints as a way to express spring! Click here for a link to the how-to video.
If you are looking for a new look in a room or area of your home, consider a springtime redesign! Using the furniture and accessories, you own, I can awaken a room with new life. To schedule your redesign, call Debbie 610.955.8202 or click here to fill out an online interest form.
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at www.RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz and Google+. (Photo attribution)