Are you trying to sell your home or plan to put it on the market soon? Your real estate agent may or may not include home staging services, or they may tell you to remove clutter and have your house professionally cleaned. With the market as it is today, home staging is a proven winner for getting the best return on your investment. If you’re not sure what home staging is, let me help you out. It’s a method of preparing your home to maximize buyer appeal and sell your home quicker!
Here are highlighted notes from the 2015 Profile of Home Staging report by the National Association of Realtors® (NAR):
- Among sellers’ agents 34 percent stage all homes, 13 percent stage difficult homes to sell, and four percent stage only high price bracket homes.
- Thirty-two percent of buyers’ agents believe staged homes increases the dollar value buyers are willing to offer by one percent to five percent.
Also in this report, 81% found it easier to visualize the property as a future home in a staged home.
The most important rooms to be staged by order:
- Living Room
- Master Bedroom
- Dining Room
- Children’s Bedroom
- Guest Bedroom
Because 92% of people use the Internet during their home search, it is imperative that the photos are good professional quality and home staging can help present the best look possible. After the potential home buyer sees your home online, the next step, if they are close enough, will be a drive-by. That is why it is necessary to make sure the outside of your home presents beautifully as well. For some outdoor home staging tips, click here. Since Millennials make up the largest group of today’s home buying consumers, you will want to understand what appeals to them. For some ideas, click here to read my ‘How to Sell Your Home to Millennials’ post.
According to the NAR report, 52% of buyers’ realtors believe that buyers offer more for staged homes. If a financial adviser offered you a return of 5-10% on an investment you would want that, wouldn’t you?
Benefits of working with Redesign Right include our stress-free process:
- We start with a one-to-one consultation to meet you and your home.
- We help you prepare your home to attract the greatest number of buyers.
- We generate an honest and thorough “to do” list assessing the items that will bring the greatest return.
- We work within your budget and time frame.
- If necessary, we can physically move and create a “model home” using what you already own.
It is proven home staging can reduce the amount of time your home sits on the market! Call Debbie 610.955.8202 to make an appointment for your home staging consultation! Or click here to contact her online!
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at www.RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz and Google+.