The transition from summer to fall always comes with mixed emotions for me. I love the beach and enjoy all of the summer time fun and activities. As we transition from summer to fall, the cooler temperatures offer us the opportunity to complete projects that are challenging to complete over summer. With that in mind, I wanted to supply you with a check list for your summer to fall home maintenance.
Here is your summer to fall home maintenance check list:
- Clean out your gutters of all debris and dirt.
- Do your shutters or front door need a fresh look? With the cooler temperatures, autumn is the best time for exterior paint jobs.
- Check your mailbox, does it need to be painted or replaced? Is your address correctly displayed?
- Have you had your chimney checked and cleaned?
- Change the filter on your central air system.
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and replace batteries as needed.
- Trim out trees and do general yard clean up. Autumn is the time of year to do your leaf clean up and check your county for yard-waste pick up dates so you can plan accordingly. To help you, click here for a video from Home Depot to better understand how to prune properly.
- All of your summer pots are probably looking sad by now, consider replacing dead and dying annuals with fall foliage such as lovely colored mums.
Fun tip: Fall is a great time to purchase wood as places such as Lumber Liquidators offer great deals! Now may be the time to build that pergola you’ve always wanted! For some tips, click here to view instructions and ideas from HGTV.
For all of your home decorating, color questions, or home staging needs give Debbie at call 610.955.8202 for an appointment! If you are interested in starting your own Interior Redesign and Home Staging business, click here to learn more about an amazing hands-on opportunity with Debbie.
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz and Google+.