Often the week of Thanksgiving is filled with visitors. To help you out I decided to put together a comprehensive list of things to do in the Philadelphia, PA area this week. If you are hosting friends or family, this activity list will come in handy to keep everyone busy and happy. Have fun!
Things to do in Philadelphia – Family Friendly:
- 98th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade, 8:30 am Thursday 20th St and JFK Blvd
- Love Park and Christmas Village: Visit the restored LOVE Park and a German-style Christmas Village for unique gifts.
- Ice Skating at the Rothman Rink: Visit City Hall and go ice skating at Dilworth Park where there is food, drink, and fun.
- Longwood Gardens: Visit the magical festival of lights at this world-renown garden, and watch the colorful fountain light show paired with holiday music.
- Franklin Institute: Visit the Terracotta Warriors of the First Emperor.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art: See the latest exhibits at the museum.
Things to do in the suburbs of Philly:
- People’s Light Theater: See a play a family friendly Panto at the People’s Light, this year they are featuring Aladdin.
- Strasburg Railroad: Take a holiday-oriented train ride with the kids and enjoy candy canes and hot cocoa.
- Interactive Entertainment: Bates Motel Escape Rooms in West Chester, PA where you reserve a room and as a team solve how to complete the task and get out of the room in 60 minutes.
- Philadelphia Premium Outlets: Don’t let the name fool you these outlets are located in Pottstown, PA.
- Tanger and Rockvale Outlets: Both are located in Lancaster, PA.
If you are not affiliated with a church community, and you are interested in volunteering over the holiday, click here to view Salvation Army locations near you.
See a Movie
Not sure what the latest movie is this holiday season? Click here to get some ideas and information from Fandango.
Be Active – Get Outside
- Walk: I love fresh air and if the weather cooperates take the family for a walk. Visit the rolling hills of historic Valley Forge National Park.
- Ride: Take advantage of the bike rental options in Philadelphia with Indego, and if you want to map out some ride ideas, click here for locations to visit.
- Climb: Interested in experiencing rock climbing? Visit Rock Gym in Downingtown or Doylestown.
- Jump: Take the kids to a trampoline park, Urban Air in Downingtown, or Sky Zone in Glen Mills. Want to be a little more adventuresome? Consider skydiving at IFly in King of Prussia.
- Axe Throwing: Have you heard of this activity? You can schedule as a group, and you throw axes at Urban Axes (must be 21+).
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz, Google+ and Instagram.