I love this time of year, warmer weather, longer days and a time to think about outside entertaining. Is your deck or patio ready for guests? Just as there are trends in indoor décor, you will see the same in outdoor decorating. There are some new trends this year I wanted to share with you.
Indoors Goes Outdoors
The concept of creating a look outdoors that appears like the indoors isn’t new, the amount of items and accessories available is more readily found and at an affordable price. Just as we like a cozy and comfortable indoor, we have the same expectation outdoors. You will see more options in rugs, ottomans, side tables, outdoor lighting and all the accessories to complete a comfortable and stylish outdoor seating area.
The options for brightly patterned and colored cushions and pillows are plentiful, click here to view some options. You will see more furniture made of natural items such as rattan, wicker, and teak. This style from the ‘70s will make a big comeback with a mixture of these materials, incorporating weaving and a “crochet” look. Click here for an example of mixed materials in outdoor seating.
You will need an option for storing your throws and candles and anything you would not want to be exposed to nature all the time. I love this idea from Target, it uses the look of wicker and serves as a coffee table and storage area, ideal for a small deck or patio.
Finish the Look
- Pick the pop color you wish to use in your outdoor seating area and incorporate it into garden stools that will serve as side tables.
- Add a beautiful rug to create a conversation area.
- Add lighting. Use table lamps constructed for outdoor use or string lights, whatever fits your style.
- For some inspiration check out my Pinterest board displaying seating arrangements and accessories.
If you are not in the market for new furniture and want to bring life back to your old furniture here are a few tips:
- How to Clean Cushions and Fabric
- How to Clean Metal, Wood and Other Types of Furniture
- Add a fresh coat of paint to bring old furniture to life. Go to your local home store and ask for the best way to handle what you are trying to paint.
For all your home decorating, color selection, home staging needs call Debbie 61.955.8202 or email for a consultation. Do you love home decorating and would like to learn how you can make money in the redesign and home staging business? Sign up now for one of my upcoming hands-on classes and get started on your new career!
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz, Google+ and Instagram.