The start of the best time to sell your home is after the Super Bowl and springtime historically has been an excellent time to put your house on the market. I recently read an article on Zillow that pulled together country-wide statistics, though this varies by area, for home selling that said: Continue reading Are you selling your home this year?
Here is a list of excellent resources to help:
- Selecting an agent – check out my blog post titled, “Buying a Home? How to select an agent.”
- Want to see the Average Listing Price per zip code? Click here to check out this tool from Trulia.com.
- Want to see how your neighborhood is trending in 2013? Click here for a tool from Zillow.com.
While writing this blog, I contacted an expert in the realtor field to get an opinion on what would help someone who is going to be moving in 2013. She makes the point that staging your home before the photos are taken to post to the real estate site offers the best return on investment. RE/MAX Preferred Liz Facenda, Realtor, ABR, CSR, CDPE stated,
“One of my favorite marketing/listing “tools” that I use is my home stager. It doesn’t matter if the home is in the price range of $150k to 2 million; I am a firm believer that a staged home sells faster and for more profit to the seller. Staging a home truly sets it apart from other homes on the market. I pay the consultation fee as part of my services that I offer to my clients it is well worth the cost and is extremely affordable. I don’t understand why all agents don’t use a stager/redesigner for their listings.”
Nowadays it’s not enough to clean your house, plant some flowers and set out a For Sale sign and expect the return you are hoping to gain. You need to promote your home in the real estate market, and the way to do that is by using a professional home stager. The blog writers for Zillow.com state this nicely, “The idea is to set the “stage” for would-be buyers to imagine themselves happily living in your home. Setting the stage to sell your home does indeed mean that your home must be attractive and appealing beyond being clean and in excellent repair. In short, your home needs to seduce.” “Statistically, professionally staged homes sell 50% faster and for 6% more then homes not professionally staged.”
Home staging is no longer just clearing the clutter and painting the walls a neutral shade. Buyers make purchases based on emotion, and they want homes that match their lifestyle and dreams. Staging is all about the buyer and what will appeal to them! A prospective buyer decides within 20 seconds if your home is for them! Twenty seconds is not very long to sell one of your most important assets. Did you know every time a prospective buyer thinks a home needs a substantial change; they automatically deduct $10,000 off the asking price? The best salesman in the house is not your agent but how the furniture is arranged and balanced. Based on this arrangement, the potential buyer sees how they can arrange their furniture, and immediately an “I love this!” reaction is created, an emotional connection that places them in your home. Exactly what you are trying to accomplish!
What to expect from a Redesign Right home staging consultation:
First, a consultation will be scheduled to meet you and your home. During this time, a walk through will be done, reviewing and analyzing your home through the eyes of a prospective buyer. During the consultation, an honest, objective and thorough “To do” list will be compiled to help you prepare your home to appeal to the greatest number of buyers and help sell your home quicker. Redesign Right wants to help you sell your home and will work within your budget and time frame. Redesign Right will be involved in your staging project as much or as little as you want.
If needed, Redesign Right will come back with a group of certified trained home stagers to create “a model home” in one day starting with what you already own. Their goal is to highlight and accentuate the positive attributes of your home. By rearranging and removing existing furniture, they form the looks that will appeal to the greatest number of potential buyers, all affordably and in one day.
“Debbie has been a tremendous asset as a home stager for my clients. By utilizing the home owner’s own furnishings, and then adding her honest, enthusiastic approach, sellers are very appreciative and welcoming of her skilled advice. Her keen eye to detail for staging a home to sell has made all the difference in a home presenting at its very best, and the positive result is getting it sold sooner! I would highly recommend Debbie’s services.” -Lynn Romolini, REALTOR, Prudential Fox & Roach, www.LRomHomes.com, Email: Lynn.Romolini@prufoxroach.com
If you are planning to sell your home this year, contact Debbie@RedesignRight.com for your professional home staging needs!
- “A good first impression sets the stage and brings the sale to your home”
- Most buyers decide in the first 15 seconds if a house fits their lifestyle and dreams. It is all about the buyer! The goal of staging is to have the buyer fall in love with your home and the lifestyle she dreams about.
- Every time a prospective buyer thinks a home needs a physical change, they automatically deduct $10,000 off the asking price!
- Many homes are on the market today and you need to set your house apart. Create an edge and be the home the buyer remembers at the end of the day! It does not matter if you pay for the heating bill for 1 year or offer a new car in the driveway. If your home does not look good it will not sell no matter what your incentive is.
- Staging emphasizes the best qualities and architectural strengths of your home and it will appeal to the greatest number of prospective buyers. Placing furniture properly in a home helps the buyer envision where their furniture will go.
- Research shows staging will sell your home faster and make you more money!
Redesign Right, LLC specializes in Real Estate home staging in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area and is here to help YOU sell your home quickly and for top dollar.