I know it’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving will be here soon, is your home ready for guests? I always think it is a good idea to walk into your guest room and look around with fresh eyes and ask yourself, “If I stayed here overnight would I be comfortable? Do I like the room, does it make me happy and peaceful?”
If your response is not what you would like it to be, let me help you. I can completely take all the stress out of this pre-holiday situation. In a consultation, I can meet with you, and we can decide:
- what you want to change,
- what you have to work with and what should be added, and
- we can discuss paint color if needed.
After the consultation, you will have an itemized list of things to do and exactly what to shop for to complete the look you want. Interested in checking this stress off your list, click here to contact me.
For a 3-step guest room makeover without spending a fortune, consider the following ideas:
- Add a Duvet: If you don’t like your current bedspread, consider covering it with a duvet! Click here to view some attractive options from Pottery Barn.
- Add a Table Lamp: If your guest room only has an overhead light, add a beautiful night table and reading light. The lamp could tie in with the new duvet’s pop color, or add a touch of sparkle by picking a metal such as silver or gold. Click here to view ideas from Kirkland’s.
- Add a touch of comfort: Add a cozy throw at the foot of the bed that complements your new duvet and lamp color! As a bonus, you may want to include a few decorative pillows (be sure to have space for these pillows to be stored in a basket or spot in the closet.) For a soft and cozy look add a bit of faux fur, click here to view some beautiful pillows and throws from Pier1.
For a detailed 15-item checklist to ensure that your guest room is ready for the holidays, read my decorating article titled, “Is Your Guest Room Ready for Visitors?”
If you are concerned about not being ready for your guests, let Redesign Right help you so you can concentrate on cooking and shopping! For all your home decorating, color and fabric choice suggestions, contact Debbie Correale 610.955.8202 or email.
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz and Google+.