Regardless if you are entertaining people this holiday season or simply want to try something different many fun things are happening in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. To keep everyone entertained and happy, here are a few appealing activities:
- The Macy’s Center City Christmas Light Show and Wanamaker Organ Concert, visit the Dickens Village located on the 3rd floor of Macy’s.
- Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market at Dilworth Park runs through Jan 1st. It was designed to complement the Christmas Village at Love Park.
- The Comcast Holiday Spectacular – 15 minute show that runs through January 1.
- Sugarhouse New Year’s Eve Fireworks on the Waterfront.
- Gingerbread House Competition & Display at Peddler’s Village in Bucks County on display until January 6th.
- Franklin Square Light Show
- A Longwood Gardens Christmas through January 7th.
Visit one of the many art museums in the Philadelphia Area:
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Museum of the American Revolution is featuring a Winter Break at the Museum through Dec 31st offering interactive activities.
- Michener Art Museum – Doylestown
- PAFA- Penn Academy of the Fine Arts
- The Barnes
- Rodin Museum
Things to do with kids:
- Arrange for a behind the scenes tour at the Philadelphia Zoo.
- The Franklin Institute is offering timed programs from Dec 26th-Dec 31st – fun for everyone!
- Bring the kids to see reindeer at the Elmwood Park Zoo in Norristown, PA.
- Visit Christmas Underwater at Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ.
- Hershey Park – Christmas Candylane.
Have a fantastic holiday season! I look forward to and am excited to see all the fabulous home decorating trends that 2018 will offer!
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz, Google+ and Instagram.