- Shop for all of your perishables vegetables, ice cream, heavy cream.
- Pull out and clean each serving platter that you want to use and decide if you are going to serve at the table or go buffet style. Be sure your turkey roasting pan or any other special tools are readily available.
- If you plan to use a table cloth or runner, pull them out and iron if necessary and decide which napkins you want to use.
- If you have overnight guests, do you have a plan for breakfast Friday morning? Since you’ve been in the kitchen all day Thursday, you may want to keep it simple and serve cereal, breakfast pastries, yogurt and fresh fruit and lots of juice, coffee, and tea choices.
- Pick up your flowers for your centerpiece, table settings, etc. You can pick up inexpensive options at your grocery and combine with greenery to create lovely arrangements.
Now for the fun part! Have you decided on your table décor? If you need table setting ideas, click here to view 15 stylish pictures from HGTV. Now you will want to create name cards for each place setting. For an idea of what kind you would like, click here to view some unique ones. For instructions on how to set the table click here to see instructions from Emily Post.
Looking for a fun way to fold your napkins? Click here for an option to fold as a turkey or other clever folding ideas.
If you have kids that will be running around on Thursday; you will want some activities planned for them. A favorite Thanksgiving movie or creative activity, for some ideas, click here from BHG.
I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving with friends and family! For all your redesign and home decorating needs give Debbie Correale a call 610.955.8202!
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz, Google+ and Instagram.