My last decorating article, “2016 Kitchen Trends” focused on the trends you will see in kitchen design this year. This week I would like to concentrate on cost, options and resources. Use this article as a tool to assist you in creating the kitchen of your dreams!
The first step is coming up with a kitchen plan. Create a list of the features that you would like in a new kitchen. Look at the top six kitchen layouts to give you a perspective of the different kitchen arrangements. Click on the topics below and get started with your planning:
- Top 6 Kitchen Layouts
- Planning Your Kitchen Remodel
- Kitchen Goals Worksheet
- Kitchen Budget Worksheet
- Kitchen Remodel Costs per area
- Plumbing Work: Will You be doing any plumbing work? Click here for an excellent article from Angie’s List to help you with picking a plumbing company.
- Electrical Work: Get some great advice from the experts at This Old House by clicking here.
- Kitchen Cabinets: Keep in mind that they can take 4-6 weeks for delivery. If you are considering custom cabinets that order could take up to six months. Click here for information on choosing stock cabinets.
- Kitchen Counter: Click here for an article on the different counter top options.
Interested in experiencing the design process before you meet with anyone? Or perhaps you wish to do the work yourself with help – to select which visual planning tool you would like to try out click on the links below:
- Ikea 3-D Kitchen Planner
- Planning Tool from Lowes
- Home Depot Planner
- National Kitchen and Bath Association Planner
Have fun with this process and take your time to ensure that you make the right choices. Having fresh eyes visit your kitchen space and suggest ideas is worth the investment. Kitchen designers will often see details that you would not think of because you are accustomed to your kitchen. If you need help with your color selection or redesign, give Debbie a call 610.955.8202.
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at www.RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz and Google+.