Are you planning a holiday get together? Appetizers and cocktails? Don’t forget to decorate your appetizer table! Here are a few tips:
- Start with a tablecloth. A tablecloth will help with clean up, protect your table, and offer a uniform backdrop for your appetizer display. I have seen people place craft paper, that you can purchase in a roll at any craft or office supplies store, on top of the table cloth and write the names of the appetizers or if you are serving different cheeses you can write the types of cheese. The beautiful thing about this idea is that you can be as fancy as your artistic ability wants to go!
- I suggest you plan out the placement of your appetizers ahead of time. If you have any hot appetizers that will need to be in a crock pot or chafing dish, you will want to protect your table from heat. Plan the position of power cords or extension cords to prevent any mishaps.
- Add varied heights to your display. By adding multiple heights, you can fit more on the table and make the presentation attractive. Use cake or plate stands, or any plate and bowl combination that you own. Be creative with this process and have some fun! You can place a bowl upside down and place a plate on top of that to create instant height. Depending on the base container, you can continue adding additional bowls and plates, going from a larger base to a smaller top creating an overall cone shape.
- Add holiday color and decorations! I suggest avoiding burning candles on the appetizer table and use battery-operated options or lanterns where the flame is concealed.
- If you are looking for a few appetizers and either are not interested in making them or have run out of time, I found a fabulous post detailing some yummy Trader Joe’s appetizers, click here to view. Or if you wish to see some new ideas that can be made in 25 minutes or less from Better Homes and Garden click here.
By Debbie Correale, founder and owner of Redesign Right, LLC. You can learn more about her at www.RedesignRight.com. Find her on Facebook.com/RedesignRight, Twitter @RedesignRight, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz and Google+.